Saturday, February 9, 2008

Has Spring Sprung?

After a long hard Moab winter, it looks as though the end may be in sight. I have lived in Moab for 14 years and this was the first year that I wished I owned a snowshovel. While many of you were shoveling the snow off of your driveways or wherever I was sweeping the snow off of mine. In my mind I kept saying if I have to sweep my driveway one more time I am going to scream. Well, I think the snow gods heard my cries, because today the sun has come out and it is warm. I have been walking around outside in a t-shirt and it has feels great. The good news is that it is suppose to continue for the next week. Right now at in downtown Moab at 4:30 pm it is 50 degrees, and these temperatures are suppose to continue for the next week. If you are looking at a great time to come down this is the time. The town is empty, the National Parks are empty, Hotel rooms are cheaper they will be in a few weeks, Jeeps are cheaper then they will be in a few weeks. But the best part is the scenery right now is breathtaking! Arches and Canyonlands in the snow is something that most people never see for themselves unless it is in a picture or on a postcard. Now is the time to come down and get away from those mounds of white stuff that everytime you see it, it makes your back hurt. Remember to Check out or Internet specials for a list of current discounts.

No comments: